Thank you for stopping by!
I’m Teresa and I’m passionate about minimizing toxins to live a more healthy lifestyle.
This website was created after many years of illness that medical doctors could not diagnose. After multiple CAT Scans, MRIs, ultra sounds, blood tests, and visits with specialists all ending in frustration, I looked into more natural healthcare. I was determined to find answers and not be given prescription medications for the rest of my life! It was only after seeking more non-traditional healthcare providers (such as chiropractors and doctors who practice functional medicine) that I was diagnosed with endocrine and autonomic nervous system issues. The worst of it being major adrenal fatigue, hormone imbalances, autoimmune disease, heavy metal and mold toxicity, Lyme Disease, leaky gut and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS).
Questions and Research
When I began receiving unsatisfactory answers from the medical doctors and specialists I initially went to, I began asking others for advice and started doing research on the Internet.
- Had anyone else experienced similar symptoms?
- Were there other doctors who could diagnose me?
- Had others experienced the complete frustration which I was running up against? On the outside I looked fine, but on the inside I could barely function. Doctor after doctor, test after test and dollar after dollar came up empty.
It was only after inquiring with others and doing research that I embarked on answers and realized that many people were experiencing somewhat similar health issues.
Also, in my pursuit of answers to health related issues, I became aware of many environmental toxins and chemicals. The more I researched, the more I learned about how unhealthy our food, beauty products, cleaning chemicals, and other commonly used items can be for us.
As a Christian, there were times when I questioned why I was going through all of the frustration and pain that came from these health challenges. As I traveled from doctor to doctor, I wondered why I couldn’t find a proper diagnosis (not knowing what’s making your body sicker and weaker is VERY frustrating). However, I never gave up hope that the Lord would see me through. Even though I didn’t give up, there were days I couldn’t pray. I didn’t know what to say. I was so upset and discouraged. Still in my heart, I knew I was going through this for a reason and that He had a plan for me.
Life can be difficult sometimes, but we become stronger through our circumstances. This journey isn’t how I would have planned my life, but God had a different plan.
Well, you’ve read above about my health journey thus far, so what else is there to know about me?
I was born and raised in Metro Detroit, Michigan. Even though I have lived in a couple of different states, I will always consider Michigan my home.
I’m married to my best friend, Todd. He’s been my right hand man for many years now. He has stood by me and has been an encouragement to me during the toughest of times. Back in the day, he didn’t know what strange symptoms he would wake up to find me encountering each day. In addition to being understanding with all of my health challenges, he’s also been supportive with any of the adventures I want to embark upon, or new endeavors I want to begin. He’s a great partner to have on this journey!
I am blessed to have loving parents and in-laws. My parents have been very helpful when I have needed it. There were definitely days I couldn’t have managed without them and my husband.
I have a brother who is married with a couple of incredible kids. I am also a great aunt a few times over on my husband’s side (which I don’t feel old enough to be:)).
We enjoy visiting my in-laws throughout the year who live a few hours away. We also enjoy escaping our harsh winter’s and joining them in Florida for a few weeks when they become snow birds.
A Few Other Random Things
- I’m a Jesus Freak – For those of you who also grew up listening to DC Talk, you know what I mean!
- I love sports, especially Michigan sports!
- I’m a workaholic and have a hard time relaxing
- I worked for many years in corporate America as an Executive Administrator and in Marketing. Then, I totally changed fields to become a Student Advisor at a college
- My husband and I have owned our own business for many years
- I don’t like to cook and anything I do cook has to be easy – hence, I will only post easy recipes
- I can eat anything and not gain weight (I wish that wasn’t the case)
- I like to clean the house, especially while listening to music (but I despise cleaning bath tubs)
- Everyone tells me I look just like my mom (I act like her too!)
- I don’t like to read – strange that I have a blog:)
- I have a bad memory, but can remember the oddest things at times
- I like to travel; however, having Multiple Chemical Sensitivity has limited it during the past few years
- I don’t like to shop for clothes, but I like to go grocery shopping (especially for organic food)
- I went to 4 different colleges before finally getting my degree
- I grew up in the north, but hate the winter and snow!
- I have been a radio show host on VoiceAmerica
- I was a Mission Marketer with Beyond Organic
- I love being a blogger and could spend all day in front of my computer writing and researching
Thanks for stopping by and reading! I really hope you find the information that I share valuable. I enjoy hearing from you, so please leave a comment, email, or find me on Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, G+, or LinkedIn) .
Wishing you abundant health!
The information within this website is not intended to be medical advice. It is simply intended to prompt you to do your own further research. Also, see Disclaimer.