Personally, when I go shopping, I look for the Organic label on the package. It hasn’t always been the case, but after the health experiences that I’ve had, you better believe I look for that label now! I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity in addition to other endocrine challenges. My body can’t handle all of the additional toxins that come with eating a conventional diet. I have to eat organic food the majority of the time.
Is Organic Food Really More Expensive in the Long Run?
Many people say organic food is expensive. I agree. It usually is more expensive, but do you want to know how much money I’ve spent during the past 8 years on doctors, tests and supplements to get me to the point where I am today? Many thousands! I’m not thrilled that organic food costs more. Unfortunately, greedy companies and people have made it that way. However, I’d rather pay more for food that hasn’t been genetically modified and sprayed with many chemicals, then to feed my body food that will continue to deteriorate my health.
In addition to my health reasons, the more I learned about our current food system, the more I realized I had to feed myself and family organic. It is really disheartening what is happening with conventional food in America.
So, in no particular order…
51 Reasons Why I Buy Organic Food and Why I Recommend you Should Too!:
- No synthetic pesticides
- No GMOs
- Tastes great – food without chemicals, coming from well-balanced soil is stronger and tastes better!
- Reduces health risks – pesticides can cause many different health problems
- Nourishing – More nutritionally dense
- Meets high standards (USDA regulations)
- No hormones
- No antibiotics
- No sewage sludge
- No irradiation
- No synthetic fertilizers
- Supports healthy soil
- Supports sustainable agriculture
- Supports farmers who do it the “right” way
- Better than “natural” (Natural doesn’t mean much. Don’t get fooled!)
- Fresh – No preservatives
- No artificial colors
- Solid, growing industry
- “Real” food
- Safer – without chemicals and being genetically modified
- How God created it
- Animals treated more ethically
- Contains fewer toxins
- Recommended by health advocates
- Positive ROI – investing in healthy food, you are investing in your health
- Animals are not forced to be cannibals
- Groundwater and soil aren’t polluted
- Conserves fossil fuel
- Preserves agricultural diversity
- Supports local farmers
- Less food contamination
- Gives consumers a choice
- Organic farmers don’t get government subsidies
- Supports future generations
- Avoids poor science
- Safeguards the health of farm workers
- Avoids other chemicals (that are not sprayed directly on the food)
- Avoids chlorine baths
- Helps rural economies
- Greater resilience in times of drought
- Less antibiotic resistant bacteria in meat
- Gives peace of mind
- Has a cool label
- Just do it!
Read Next: Natural Does NOT Mean Organic!
Living Natural Today Wants to Know:
- Can you think of other reasons to choose organic?
Additional Posts You Might Like: