It’s that time of the year again. I love sports! I love them even more when my Michigan and Detroit teams are playing. Unfortunately, when it comes to the Super Bowl, the Lions aren’t quite there yet. However, they’re getting so close and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them there next year.
The Super Bowl has almost become like another holiday. It’s a time to get together with friends for a party. I enjoy all of the “snacky” types of food in addition to the main dishes like sloppy joe’s, tacos, meatballs, chili or chicken tenders. Just because Super Bowl parties usually include “fun” types of food, it doesn’t mean that the food has to be processed bags of chips, or store bought desserts filled with GMOs. Why not try making dishes this year with real, whole foods? Believe me, they will be even more tasty and you won’t be exposing your guests to added toxins like chemicals, preservatives and food coloring. And if you buy organic, you won’t be exposing them to the added harmful pesticides and GMOs.
Real Food Super Bowl Recipes
There are so many great real food recipes to choose from! Many real food bloggers have put together Super Bowl recipe roundups, so instead of just picking the recipes I would like, I have decided to do a roundup of their Super Bowl recipe roundups. All of these recipes will give you a large list of food possibilities for a great party! Here they are in no particular order:
- The Ultimate Real Food Guide To Super Bowl Parties from Mommypotamus
- Real Food for Superbowl Sunday from Real Food Renegade
- Super Bowl Party Food Ideas from Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Real Food Super Bowl Sunday: Link Love Extravaganza from Real Food Forager
- Healthy Superbowl Snacks and Appetizers (that are still delicious!) from Real Food RN
- 48 Paleo Super Bowl Snacks from Paleo GMG
- Recipe: Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers (with more Super Bowl recipes) from 100 Days of Real Food
- Recipe Roundup: Healthy Super Bowl Recipes from Yours Truly
Enjoy a healthier, and dare I say yummier party this year!
Read Next: Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cake