This is a Guest Post: We appreciate guest authors! However, the viewpoints expressed in this blog post may, or may not necessarily reflect the viewpoints of Living Natural Today.
Are you doubtful regarding the taste of a vegan and gluten-free dish? Well, don’t be, as gluten-free and vegan recipes can be mouth-watering delicacies as well. Don’t believe me? Well, after checking out the recipe that I’m going to share, you are definitely going to believe me.
The recipe I am discussing today is a chicken recipe, but it is not like any chicken recipe that you have read about or tried in the past. It is a vegan, gluten-free chicken recipe that is flavorful and delicious. Instead of chicken, you will use a bouillon cube that is cut properly with the best kitchen knife set along with other ingredients that are listed below.
Vegan Gluten-Free Chicken Recipe That Is Deliciously Good
- 1 chicken flavored bouillon cube
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup amaranth flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons guar gur or xanthan
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon pea protein powder
How to prepare this recipe
- Take a pot, insert a steamer in it and then, add one cup of boiling water.
- Now, take a saucepan and add bouillon cube in boiling water so that you get ‘Chicken’ broth.
- Take a bowl now and combine 1/3 cup of Chicken broth with rolled oats. After mixing both the ingredients together, wait for 10 minutes or until the broth is fully absorbed in rolled oats.
- Now, take a mixing bowl and add amaranth flour, arrowroot, almond flour, guar gum or xanthan and pea protein. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Take a small bowl and add coconut oil, flaxseed, nutritional yeast, 1/3 cup of broth and seasoning. Mix all the ingredients together and add cooked oatmeal afterward. Stir everything well.
- Now, it’s time to mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Take a rubber spatula and mix all the ingredients until you get a dough. Once you see a dough, you will have to knead it until you get a smooth feel. Make sure that the dough doesn’t get too loose or wet. If it gets, then add more amaranth or almond flour. Similarly, if the dough is dry, then add some more water in it.
- Once you get a proper dough, keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into four sections. You can cut the dough with a kitchen knife. You can give each section a shape of your choice, but make sure to keep it thin because the dough has a tendency to expand during the steaming process.
- Wrap each piece in the aluminum foil and steam all the pieces for 20 minutes.
- Remove all the pieces from the foil and refrigerate for a couple of hours or an entire night (if you wish to eat it tomorrow, which I’m guessing is not the case). So, let the recipe cool for a couple of hours and then, you can take it out and place it on a table. Once the dough comes to the room temperature, you can prepare those pieces how you want.
Monica Henin, the author of this post is a reputed blogger and a food expert. She has written blogs on a number of topics related to healthy cooking and food tips. She also owns a very informative website by the name of AddonKitchen, which is a popular website among food enthusiasts.