This is a Guest Post: We appreciate guest authors! The viewpoints expressed in this blog post may, or may not necessarily reflect the viewpoints of Living Natural Today.
As more people shift to eating more organic, the tendency is to buy lots of it. As we all know with organic foods, there are fewer impacts to your health if you are eating organically-grown food. Studies show that people who are eating organic food are less likely to get affected by pesticide residues. But there are people who like to con the public tricking them to buy something that feels, looks and smells like organic but is far from what is billed.
Organic Food Scams to be on the Lookout for
- Organic Foods are 100 Percent Organic: These days food manufacturers are enticing people to buy their products because they are organically made. When you see that a product is labeled organic, it means that some of the ingredients are organic but not absolutely hundred percent. Labels with the US Department of Agriculture seal are at least 95 percent or more made with organic ingredients, or the produce is organically grown.
- Organic Foods are More Nutritious: A Stanford University study showed that organic foods are not significantly more nutritious than organically-grown produce or food. While most conventionally-grown produce has higher levels of pesticide residue compared to organically-grown foods the levels are below alarming levels. There is no statistical difference between normally-grown food and those grown organically.
- Organic Foods Can Make You Avoid Pesticides: It is not a guarantee that organic foods are 100 percent free of pesticide residue. Organic farming may not be using pesticides but the pesticides from conventional farms especially those sprayed from the air find its way to organic farms which can cause the contamination.
- Organic Food is Healthy: Okay, so you eat, but if you are eating a lot and missing out on exercise, it does not make a difference. You see, healthy eating is a combination of eating healthy foods, dieting and exercise. Organic food alone will not make you healthy. Remember that an organic cookie is still a cookie!
- Organic Food Tastes Bad: This is good news for people who want to eat organic food. Studies show that there is no significant difference in taste between organic and conventionally-grown food. There are even instances that organic food would taste better than conventionally-grown food since there are better seed selections and soil health that can contribute significantly to the taste.
When you are going to eat organic it pays to do some research. Not all that comes with good intentions are really good. Sometimes you need to read between the lines so you will not get scammed. After all, we are talking life and death here as your health is one important thing that you should be protecting at all times.
Jessica is from the website How Much Is It? Here, you can find more than 3,000 cost helping guides. Whether you want to know the price of some food-related goods or a surgery, there’s a good chance that it’s going to be here.