Welcome to Living Natural Today! I’m glad you’re here!
I’m Teresa, the owner of Living Natural Today.
I share quick and easy real food recipes, do-it-yourself tips and ways to reduce toxins so you can have a healthier home and live a healthier, more natural lifestyle. I’ve done the research for you so you don’t have to spend hours doing it!
Here are just a few of things you’ll learn here:
- Easy things you can start doing to reduce toxins in your home
- Easy gluten free, real food recipes
- ‘Green’ product recommendations
Over the years I have made many changes to the household products and personal care items I use, and to the food I eat. Even though the changes I made were a result of personal health challenges, I realized that all of the information I learned and the changes I made were also greatly benefiting my family and friends.
The more I researched, the more I wanted to learn and put into practice.
I wanted to share all of that beneficial information with you, so Living Natural Today was born!
I’m not an industry expert or a doctor, but I have learned a ton over the years and have put it into practice by:
- authoring this blog
- hosting a radio show on VoiceAmerica
- doing company speaking engagements
I have a background in both professional education (Bachelor’s degree from Central Michigan University) and from the school of hard knocks.
After years of living with debilitating health and chronic disease in my 30’s, and not getting satisfactory answers from “traditional” doctors, I looked into more “natural” health care. I was determined to find answers and not be given prescription medications for the rest of my life! It was only after seeking more non-traditional healthcare providers (such as chiropractors and doctors who practice functional medicine) that I was diagnosed with endocrine and nervous system issues, mold illness or CIRS, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, heavy metal toxicity, Lyme, SIBO, methylation issues, autoimmune disease and a few different gene mutations such as MTHFR and MTRR to name a few.
Questions and Research
When I began receiving unsatisfactory answers from the medical doctors and specialists I initially went to, I began asking others for advice and started doing research on the Internet. So began my love and necessity for research!
Had others experienced the complete frustration which I was running up against? On the outside, I looked fine, but on the inside, I could barely function. Doctor after doctor, test after test and dollar after dollar came up empty.
It was only after inquiring with others and doing the online research that I embarked on answers and realized that others were experiencing somewhat similar health issues.
Also, in my pursuit of answers to my health-related issues, I became aware of many environmental toxins and chemicals. The more I researched, the more I learned about how unhealthy our food, beauty products, cleaning items, and other commonly used items can be for us. The information changed my life drastically (for the better) and sparked my passion and purpose.
Well, what else is there to know about me?
I was born and raised in Metro Detroit, Michigan and now live in greater Cincinnati, Ohio. Even though I have lived in a couple of different states along the way, I will always consider Michigan my home.
I’m married to my best friend, Todd. He’s been my right-hand man for many years now. He has stood by me and has been an encouragement to me during the toughest of times. He’s also been supportive with any of the adventures I want to embark upon. He’s a great partner to have on this life’s journey!
I am blessed to have loving parents (to the south) and loving in-laws (to the north) who we enjoy visiting throughout the year.
I have a brother who is married and has some incredible kids. I am also a great aunt a few times over on my husband’s side (which I don’t feel old enough to be:)).
I’m more than just words on your screen…
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. As a Christian, I believe that God created all that we need. He’s the giver of life and of health. If we give our body what it needs and stay away from the things which are toxic, we will be much better off. I also believe that we need to take care of His creation and stop ruining our land with chemicals and man-made toxins.
A Few Other Random Things
- First and foremost: I’m a Jesus Freak – For those of you who also grew up listening to DC Talk, you know what I mean!
- I love sports, especially Michigan sports!
- I’m a workaholic and have a hard time relaxing
- I worked for many years in corporate America as an Executive Administrator and in Marketing
- My husband and I have owned our own business for many years
- I don’t like to cook and anything I do cook has to be easy – hence, I will only post easy recipes
- Everyone tells me I look just like my mom (I act like her too!)
- I don’t like to read – strange that I have a blog:)
- I like to travel; however, having Multiple Chemical Sensitivity has limited it during the past few years
- I don’t like to shop for clothes, but I like to go grocery shopping (especially for organic food)
- I went to 4 different colleges before finally getting my degree
- I grew up in the north, but hate the winter and snow!
- I love being a blogger and could spend all day in front of my computer writing and researching
One of the best ways to stay in touch with me would be to join our savvy crowd for easy tips to living more naturally. As a gift for signing up, you will receive my healthy home guide!
Wishing you a healthier, more natural lifestyle!
The information within this website is not intended to be medical advice. It is simply intended to prompt you to do your own further research. Also, see Disclaimer.