Are you experiencing Multiple Chemical Sensitivity symptoms? Is Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) real? Yes, I can definitely attest to it. And if you are suffering from this awful illness, I can sympathize with you.
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Symptoms – Can You Relate?
I had never heard of such a thing before. I, along with everyone else in the world is exposed to chemicals. I never knew someone who suffered from the effects of over exposure to chemicals, environmental illness. However, starting a couple of years ago, I began developing symptoms that I couldn’t explain. Symptoms such as:
- racing heart rate (palpitations),
- weak feeling,
- extreme fatigue,
- sickly feeling,
- tingling tongue and lips
- sleep disturbances
- brain fog
- digestion issues and bloating
I knew I had adrenal, endocrine and immune problems, so I didn’t know if the symptoms were related to that. As time went on, I realized there was something in addition that was hindering me. It was only after I stopped to analyze the symptoms and situations that I realized it was chemicals and toxins.
What Is Multiple Chemical Sensitivity?
According to MultipleChemicalSensitivity.org, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) is “an unusually severe sensitivity or allergy-like reaction to many different kinds of pollutants including solvents, VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds), perfumes, petrol, diesel, smoke, “chemicals” in general and often encompasses problems with regard to pollen, house dust mites, and pet fur & dander.”
These allergy-like symptoms are usually brought on by extremely low levels of a toxicant/chemical. Also, the problem is ongoing. It is not a one-time occurance.
The MultipleChemicalSensitivity.org website states that “sensitization is a true allergic reaction to one chemical or irritant and is caused by involvement within the body of mast cells and IgE antibodies. Once sensitized to a particular irritant, a subsequent exposure to even a tiny amount of the same irritant ( even parts per million – ppm – or parts per billion – ppb) can cause an extreme allergic reaction.”
Note: one ppm = 0.0001 percent.
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity can be brought on be a major life event, or chronic toxic exposure. For me, I now realize that my toxic bucket had filled up and overflowed due to being genetically unable to detox properly. In addition, a moldy environment that I was living in played a huge role. However, I didn’t realize it in the beginning.
If you are experiencing strange symptoms that traditional doctors are unable to figure out, you might want to look into Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.
Read Next: Are You One of the 3 Million with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)?
Leave a Reply