Listen below to an Overflowing Toxic Bucket, Chemical Sensitivities (MCS) and a New Paradigm of Healing.
In this episode of Living Natural Today: Out with Toxins, In with Your Health, Teresa interviewed Dr. Daniel Pompa about MCS and toxins. Dr. Pompa is a world leader in health and wellness industry traveling the country educating doctors and their patients on the 5 R’s of True Cellular Detoxification. Similar to Teresa, Dr. Pompa has experienced first-hand the effects of living in today’s toxic world.
Impacted by MCS in a Toxic World
For several years he was very sick – and life as he knew it came to a screeching halt. Although living a “healthy” lifestyle (exercising and eating well), Dr. Pompa was battling debilitating fatigue, insomnia, chemical sensitivity, panic attacks, irritability, exhaustion, headaches, allergies, brain fog and other unexplainable symptoms. However, through these challenges, he learned a lot and knew that God had a greater purpose for him. What he has learned through these first-hand experiences is the basis for what he has dubbed the “5 R’s of True Cellular Detoxification and Healing.”
According to Dr. Pompa, toxins can be defined as anything that “does not belong in your body.” Today we are exposed to a level of toxins like no other time! Your body has to get rid of these toxins. If your body doesn’t rid itself of toxins, we start bio-accumulating (stockpiling) them – ultimately causing physical manifestations of symptoms we don’t like.
Examples of Toxins
- Indoor Air — Indoor air is 5 to 7 times more toxic than outdoor air, as estimated by the EPA.
- Personal care products (make-up, shaving cream, shampoos) absorbed by the skin into the bloodstream – According to Dr. Pompa, the average woman starts her day by applying, on average, 518 chemicals, of which approximately 200 are known to cause cancer.
- Food — Processed and sprayed with chemicals.
- Mercury (Amalgam Fillings) – Silver fillings are comprised of approximately 50% mercury.
- Mold – Beware of high humidity or water in the basement.
Why Should the Average Person be Concerned with Toxins?
In short, toxins bio-accumulate (stockpile) in our bodies over time. It may take 10, 20, 30 years of accumulation of toxins prior to the manifestation of symptoms.
Note: So many people address the thyroid or adrenal glands. However, that is a “downstream effect of a greater upstream problem.” It is critical to get to the upstream cause and remove the source.
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) may be, perhaps, the most misunderstood disease – part of a growing epidemic. Many people have it, but don’t realize it – and more importantly, they don’t realize that chemicals are making them worse.
MCS is a central nerve system problem.”
The toxins affect our nerve system, parts of our brain that have memory. We release certain chemicals to survive or adapt. Certain toxins drive inflammation if it does this long enough. Our nerve system remembers this inflammation pattern so as soon as we smell the smallest little smell, for example, it goes through the same release of chemicals, similar to if you were to see a lion at your door! It is a true physiological response. It’s necessary to reduce one’s toxic bucket so that we can begin changing these patterns – and start telling the body it’s okay.
The 5 R’s of Cellular Detoxification and Healing
The 5 R’s of Cellular Detoxification and Healing came out of Dr. Pompa’s own battle. He never intended to teach it to the public. Rather, it was intended to be a road map for better ways to teach doctors how to fix the cell… “If you don’t fix the cell, you will never get well”.
- R1 – Remove the Source — Good doctors will go upstream and remove the cause… if you do not do that, you will never get completely better. Mercury, mold and Lyme Disease are the 3 “Big Boys.” They shut down the detox pathways and, as a result, you start bio-accumulating (stockpiling) every toxin you come in contact with. The source must be removed.
- R2 – Regenerate the Cell Membrane – It’ is important that the good things (nutrients) can get into the cell and the bad things (toxins) can leave the cell. If inflamed, nothing can come in and nothing can get out, so our cell becomes a toxic wasteland. Inflammation can also compromise our cell’s ability to function properly.
Rounding out the 5 R’s
- R3 – Restore Cellular Energy
- R4 – Reduce Inflammation
- R5 – Reestablish Methylation.
Why do Some People Experience Symptoms, while others do not?
It may simply be because others have a bigger bucket. The toxic bucket theory assumes that everybody has a bucket and accumulates toxins in that bucket. However, when that bucket becomes filled and overflows, symptoms set in. It could also be because each one of us is exposed to different levels of toxins. If you are exposed to toxins, remove the source.
Simple Steps to Minimize Exposure to Toxins in your Life
Obviously, there is so much that can be done. Some simple things you can do include changing your food, changing your personal care products and making sure you home has good ventilation to bring the toxins out. If removing amalgam fillings, please make sure it is done correctly.
Summary: Fix the cell and maintain the healthy cell! We don’t want cells becoming a toxic wasteland.
Read Next: Do You Suffer From Multiple Chemical Sensitivity?
Leave a Reply