This is a Guest Post: We appreciate guest authors! I am honored to have someone from Dr. Mercola’s team share this guest recipe!
Eggs are a wonderful source of high-quality fat and protein, as well as amino acids like l-arginine. They are one of the most healthful foods you can add to your diet.
Try This Healthy Egg Recipe taken from Dr. Mercola’s book: Healthy Recipes for Your Nutritional Type.
Brown Rice and Poached Egg Nest with Dulse
1 cup brown rice
4 free range eggs
2¼ cups water
¼ cup freshly ground flax seeds
4 teaspoons gomasio (sesame seeds mixed with sea salt)
¼ cup dulse flakes
¼ cup parsley, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
(This recipe makes four servings.)
- Mix the rice and water in a three-quart saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, stirring once. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid, and then reduce the heat. Let simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat, and let it stand for five to 10 minutes more.
- Fill a two-quart saucepan halfway with water. Let the water boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Get an egg and break it into a measuring cup. Let the egg slide carefully into the simmering water, holding the cup’s lip as close to the water. Repeat with the other eggs. Make sure to allot enough space for each egg.
- Let the eggs simmer, uncovered, for three to five minutes, and then remove with a slotted spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the rice onto four plates and sprinkle each with a teaspoon of gomasio, a tablespoon of ground flax seeds, dulse flakes, and parsley.
- Use a spoon to make a little “nest” in each bowl, and then add one egg to each nest.22
Elaine R. writes for Mercola.com. She strongly believes that eating a holistic diet and staying stress-free are the best, most foolproof ways to stay healthy. She is currently putting together a report on multivitamin benefits.
Image courtesy of domdeen/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net
(Note: The links in this post are affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
Leave a Reply