If you’re looking for a yummy, gluten-free sweet treat, or are wanting to satisfy your sweet tooth with a chocolate fix, this is the dessert recipe for you!
If you know me, you know I’m not a great baker. Maybe it’s because I rarely eat sweets any more (too many years of eating high fructose corn syrup and other artificial sweeteners really messed me up. Today, I’m very intolerant of different sugars, even allergic to some). However, for my husband, I try to bake every once in a while. I like recipes that are easy to make and include ingredients I have actually heard of! This recipe fits both of those requirements.
Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
On the other hand, my sister-in-law, Crystal, is a great baker and actually enjoys figuring out flavorful combinations! This chocolate chip cake recipe is her creation. She took recommendations from a different recipe, made it gluten-free, changed ingredient ratios, and added some ingredients. The final version is this yummy dessert!
By following her recipe, I made this dessert for my family and everyone enjoyed it! Finally, something yummy I can bake:)!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cake
For a great gluten-free chocolate dessert fix!
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/3 cup Organic Sucanat
- 2 tbsp Milk (Almond or Coconut)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg (2 eggs for more cake-like)
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix butter and sugar
- Mix in milk, vanilla, oil, and egg
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl
- Add dry ingredients into the bowl of liquid ingredients
- Mix together
- Add mixture into an 8″ x 8″ dish. (If needed, coat dish ahead of time so it doesn’t stick to the dish)
- Bake 15 – 30 minutes
- Cook time varies depending on your elevation. It took me almost 30 minutes in Michigan. It took my sister-in-law around 15 minutes in the higher elevation of West Virginia. Use your best judgment.
- The dessert in the picture was made with 1 egg. Be sure to use 2 eggs to make it more cake-like.
Enjoy! Let me know how you like this recipe in the comments below.