You might have wondered, can gluten free lasagna be made in a crockpot? The answer is a resounding YES!
When we’re having company and I need a larger dish, gluten free lasagna is a great option. This dish is easy to make in the crock pot. I love using a crockpot! I can make the meal earlier in the day so I’m not busy getting the dinner ready right before company arrives. I also enjoy the smell of the meal cooking throughout the day.
Please pin this image to share with others!
This crockpot lasagna recipe isn’t too friendly for those with a dairy allergy (since there is a lot of cheese), but it is gluten free as long as you buy gluten free noodles.
I imagine you could make the noodles out of zucchini instead of grain noodles if you try to avoid grains, but I haven’t tried that with this dish yet. Let me know in the comments below if you do.
Slow Cooker Lasagna
This is one of those easy, delicious meals to make when I’m in the mood for Italian food. Lasagna with a salad or a side of vegetables and some gluten free bread is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! The lasagna tastes great as a leftover too.
So how long does it take to cook gluten free lasagna in a slow cooker?
Putting this recipe together is actually pretty easy and doesn’t take much time. After you brown the meat, mix the cheese mixture then layer it all in the slow cooker, it only takes 4 hours to cook in the slow cooker on low.
I typically make my slow cooker lasagna right after lunch. Then it’s ready to eat between 5 and 6pm that evening.
This video shows how easy it is to make this gluten free crockpot free lasagna.
Enjoy this easy, delicious gluten free lasagna!
Gluten Free Lasagna in a Crockpot
- 1 lb Grassfed Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 (24 oz) jar Tomato Sauce
- Organic Onion Powder and Organic Garlic Powder (season to taste)
- 1 Egg
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 6-8 Gluten Free Lasagna Noodles (uncooked)
- Brown the ground beef. Season it with the onion and garlic powder. Also, if you would like to add other vegetables like green peppers, add them to the pan.
- Add the water and tomato sauce to the browned ground beef. Put on low and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine the egg, parsley, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Pour a portion of the beef mixture into the crock pot.
- Place 3 or 4 lasagna noodles on top of the beef. (You might have to break one of the noodles to make it fit)
- Add a portion of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
- Pour a portion of the beef mixture over the cheese.
- Place 3 or 4 lasagna noodles on top of the beef.
- Add a portion of the cheese on top of the noodles.
- Pour the remaining beef mixture on top of the cheese.
- Cook on low 4 hours.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese during the last 1/2 hour.
- Serves 6
- Feel free to add additional vegetables to the lasagna. Adding chopped green pepper to the meat layer adds a nice flavor.
- Depending on the size of your crockpot will determine how many noodles you will be able to add.
- Can you put uncooked lasagna noodles in a crockpot? Yes, this recipe calls for uncooked noodles, however, it will depend on the noodles you use. I tend to cook the gluten free noodles that I use for a little bit ahead of time. I don’t fully cook them though. I just soften them up a little. They will finish cooking in the crock pot.
- I typically don’t measure out the spices. Since everyone’s tastes are different, I recommend seasoning to your own taste.
Let me know how you liked this gluten free lasagna in the comments below!