I like meals that have only a few ingredients and are easy to make. I especially like making slow cooker/crock pot meals. I love being able to just throw everything in the pot, smell the yummyness all day long and have a prepared meal ready for dinner.
Gluten Free Slow Cooker Pot Roast
This is one of those types of easy, delicious meals. It’s the perfect size for my husband and I, while providing leftovers for lunch the next day. I cook the roast with carrots and potatoes. Then I make a salad to go along with it.
I enjoy pot roast, but I’m unable to eat roasts with a ton of added ingredients. Because of my dietary restrictions, this slow cooker beef pot roast is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and even grain free. So if you eat a Paleo diet, or are on an autoimmune diet, this should work for you (as long as you stick to adding sweet potatoes)!
Enjoy this easy, delicious roast!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 1 1/2 lb Grassfed Beef Roast
- Water (enough to cover the bottom of your slow cooker)
- 2 large Potatoes and/or Sweet Potatoes
- 3-4 large Carrots
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove or 1 teaspoon Organic Garlic
- 1 Onion or 1 teaspoon Organic Onion
- 1 teaspoon Organic Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Ginger
- If you are using whole onions and garlic, cut them up and add them to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add coconut oil to a pan on the stove.
- Brown roast on all of its sides in the coconut oil.
- Place roast in the slow cooker.
- Cover bottom of the slow cooker with water.
- Peel and cut up the carrots and potatoes.
- Add carrots and potatoes to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle all of the spices over the roast and vegetables.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Serves 3
- This doesn’t take a lot of water. Just enough to cover the bottom of the slow cooker and less than a quarter of the roast.
- Depending on how “cooked” you like your carrots and potatoes, you might want to wait and add them to the slow cooker a couple of hours before the roast is finished.
- I typically don’t measure out the spices. Since everyone’s tastes are different, I recommend seasoning to your own taste.
Read Next: Gluten Free Crock Pot Lasagna